To provide an excellent level of service whilst working with clients across a range of industry sectors, including sole-traders, partnerships, and limited companies. This role will be reporting directly to the Business Innovation management team, and you will be a key member of the team in its day-to-day performance.
You will be responsible for production and delivery of meaningful financial and business information, providing digital solutions services to our clients and the delivery of software support to other departments and offices across the firm and are responsible for ensuring that our clients receive the best possible client experience; proactively searching for opportunities to add value.
You will also utilise and further develop your skills to assist your less experienced colleagues to harness a culture where the team and clients continually thrive.
To be an ambassador of the firm’s values.
- Accounts preparation, tax computations, VAT returns, Company Secretarial.
- Bookkeeping and management information preparation using both Excel and specialist software.
- Provide software support to other departments and offices, to include regular visits to all offices.
- Cloud migration services for clients including cloud software training.
- Provide accounting software support to clients.
- System optimisation services for clients including app recommendations, implementation/integration and training.
- Keep up to date on new software and technology developments and testing new features as required.
- Work on internal digital transformation projects as required.
- Contribute to the content of the Innov8 newsletter.
- Participate and support senior team members.
- Undertaking the work assigned to you in conjunction with relevant training.
- Ask questions of your colleagues and support network to understand knowledge of our systems, processes, and controls.
- Acknowledge all client correspondence in a professional manner.
- Undertake software training in core products.
- Understanding of the Firm’s core hours and responsibilities.
- Use of the software and communication tools (email, telephone, Teams) to keep colleagues aware of your progress throughout the working day.
- Understand and complete the AML process for new and existing clients.
- Identify points within the records to be queried with the client and request additional information.
- Build confidence in using the communication platforms promoted by the Firm.
- Build confidence on other areas of Business Innovation work so that opportunities to discuss value added services are identified.
- Respond to client queries promptly, including research and preparation of technical responses to client queries for the management team.
- Build on technical training to provide specific and accurate responses to queries raised by colleagues or clients.
- Vocalisation of any issues arising or ideas/solutions that will help the firm promote its core principals or working practices.
- Actively explore the opportunities available to get involved with work in other service lines or offices. This can include participation in the firm’s steering committees or advisory groups.
- Seek involvement in projects to develop internal processes.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and ownership of the job’s budget and recovery.
- Identify at the earliest opportunity areas of potential overrun with solutions to fix, provide support and guidance to colleagues so that they can complete jobs effectively and timely.
- Take an active role in team meetings and discussions.
- Complete ownership of your own time and work with effective reporting and communication with your managers.
- Consistently demonstrating going the extra mile for clients to exceed their client service expectations.
- Respond to client queries promptly dealing with accounts matters themselves.
- Support and develop junior members of the team.
- Maintain your technical knowledge through CPD.
- Assist with administrative duties as required by the firm.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Good personal motivation, organisational skills, and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Flexibility and approachability under pressure.
- You must be proactive, tenacious, and always show initiative.
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly, and effectively at all levels including ensuring the partner is aware of any client issues.
- The ability to work closely with other members of the team and management team.
- A learning mind-set with the ability to receive feedback to implement corrective advice ensuring achievement of key objectives and service delivery to clients.
- A high level of professionalism to deliver client service excellence.
- The ability to build excellent relationships with all colleagues through role model behaviour in line with the Firm’s culture and strategic objectives.
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines when required.
- Effective delegation and time management.
- To understand when it is necessary to escalate either technical or client experience issues to the partner or support specialists.
Key Knowledge & Behaviours
- Planning and organisation.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent client service.
- Familiarity with the Milsted Langdon IT systems.
- Familiarity and an understanding of the relevant statutory compliance issues affecting the Firm including, GDPR, Money Laundering and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Professional, personable, presentable, and punctual.
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance.
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT, PAYE and CIS.
- Full driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car.
- Organised, accurate, and able to plan the use of time efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with both clients, team members and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Qualified or working towards ACA / ACCA
- Sage / Xero / QBO / Xero Payroll certifications desirable.