To provide an excellent level of service to clients, visitors, and employees of the firm. You will be a key member of the team in its day-to-day performance and will be responsible for a wide range of administrative support tasks to ensure the smooth running of your local office through high standards of support and client experience.
You will be focused on delivery of work ensuring that your stakeholders receive the best possible client experience; proactively searching for opportunities to add value. You will also utilise and further develop your skills to assist your less experienced colleagues to harness a culture where the team and clients continually thrive.
To be an ambassador of the firm’s values.
- Secretarial duties including drafting and editing letters and reports, top copying documents and assisting with mail merges.
- Telephone switchboard; answering, transferring, and taking messages.
- Front of house reception support including meet and greet of visitors.
- Catering duties including ordering, set up and clearance of refreshments and meeting lunches.
- Arrangement of meeting room bookings and ensuring that meeting room resources and cleanliness are always maintained.
- Database tasks including client and contact setup, portfolio changes and data changes.
- Logging cheques received and ensuring banking is carried out on a timely basis.
- Opening, scanning, and distributing post in a timely manner.
- Arranging for post and parcels to be sent, including courier collections.
- Booking in, distributing, and returning client records.
- Archiving, scanning, and retrieving client files.
- Assisting with scheduling of training, events, and meetings
- Provide administrative support for client mailings and information requests.
- Ordering office sundries.
- General administrative duties to assist with the smooth running of the office.
- Take an active role in team meetings and discussions.
- Complete ownership of your own time and work with effective reporting and communication with your managers.
- Consistently demonstrating going the extra mile within your role.
- Support and develop junior members of the team.
- Assist with other administrative duties as required by the firm.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Good personal motivation, organisational skills, and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Flexibility and approachability under pressure.
- You must be proactive, tenacious, and always show initiative.
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly, and effectively at all levels including ensuring the partner is aware of any client issues.
- The ability to work closely with other members of the team and management team.
- A learning mind-set with the ability to receive feedback to implement corrective advice ensuring achievement of key objectives and service delivery to clients.
- A high level of professionalism to deliver client service excellence.
- The ability to build excellent relationships with all colleagues through role model behaviour in line with the Firm’s culture and strategic objectives.
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines when required.
- Effective delegation and time management.
- To understand when it is necessary to escalate either technical or client experience issues to the partner.
Key Knowledge & Behaviours
- Planning and organisation.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent client service.
- Familiarity with the Milsted Langdon IT systems.
- Familiarity and an understanding of the relevant statutory compliance issues affecting the Firm including, GDPR, Money Laundering and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Professional, personable, presentable, and punctual.
- Organised, accurate, and able to plan the use of time efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with both clients, team members and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in a similar role