Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
To develop our IT systems by creating or improving custom applications and increase efficiencies by automating processes and data flow.
You will assist and develop the delivery of IT initiatives and solutions and will be responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining bespoke systems used by staff across the Firm.
You are responsible for ensuring that our people receive the best possible employee experience to help them thrive throughout their career.
To be an ambassador of the Firm’s values.
- Develop new systems to improve business processes and how we use our data.
- Maintain, support and improve existing solutions.
- Work closely with the other members of the IT department to automate repetitive tasks.
- Ensure all applications are kept secure and available by adhering to best practices for development, security and backups.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the use of our systems and data.
- Provide support for the wider IT systems and administrative support when required.
- Collaborate with staff from other departments to design and improve solutions.
- Follow, maintain, create and update procedures for regularly carried out tasks.
- Providing testing, documentation, training and support for all systems implemented.
- Help develop our cloud strategy by developing tools to query and manipulate data stored in cloud systems.
- To understand the IT strategy and assist in the delivery of IT goals.
- Assist the CTO to deliver Firm initiatives.
- To have a collaborative approach with your department and the rest of the Firm.
- Seek involvement in projects to develop internal processes.
- Take an active role in team meetings and discussions.
- Support and develop junior members of the team.
- Maintain your technical knowledge through CPD.
- Assist with administrative duties as required by the firm.
Key Skills & Competencies
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines when required.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines.
- A high degree of personal motivation, organisational skills, and the ability to manage your own workload.
- An ability to see the business objective not just the technical challenge.
- A passion for a wide range of technologies.
- The ability to work closely with other members of the team and management team.
- Flexibility and approachability under pressure.
- You must be proactive, tenacious, and always show initiative.
- A learning mind-set with the ability to deliver and receive feedback.
- A high level of professionalism to deliver service excellence. The ability to build excellent relationships with all colleagues through role model behaviour in line with the Firm’s culture and strategic objectives.
Key Knowledge & Behaviours
- Proven exposure to and detailed knowledge of C#
- In depth knowledge in one or more additional programming languages (e.g. Python, .Net, VB etc.)
- Knowledge of batch scripting with PowerShell
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code.
- A working knowledge of Test-Driven Development methodologies
- Experience of using APIs to query and manipulate data.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Effective communication skills.
- Understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack.
- Experience of working with the Microsoft 365 application stack.
- An aptitude for good situational awareness and sound judgement skills, being able to identify potential problems and areas of conflict and determine workable solutions.
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Professional, personable, highly presentable, and punctual.
- Degree (or equivalent) in computer science, software engineering or relevant discipline.