Gary Salter joined the firm in 1997, shortly after the opening of the Yeovil office. He is a general practice accountant and his previous experience includes four years as lead audit, training and compliance partner in the Exeter office of a national firm and a management accountant role for a large legal practice.
Gary is an experienced business advisor with a portfolio of clients covering a broad range of business sectors. His expertise includes:
- Business planning and profit maximisation
- Advising on accounting systems and management information systems
- Audit, financial reporting and compliance
- Tax planning and mitigation
- Financing and restructuring
- Numerical analysis and investigations
Gary has a thorough understanding of the problems faced by owner managed businesses and takes a practical approach to ensure that clients receive a high quality and cost-effective service. He takes a keen interest in the development of the local economy and is involved in a number of business associations.
He has also lectured widely to clients and other professionals on various business planning issues.