Helen trained as a Chartered Accountant in audit and was promoted to manager in 1997. As part of her audit experience, she saw a wide range of clients including unit and investment trusts, retail, manufacturing and services companies.
Helen has specialised in forensic accountancy since 1998, acting in a wide variety of civil and criminal cases. She has been involved in business valuations for matrimonial proceedings, shareholder disputes, probate and tax purposes. She regularly acts as a single joint expert and has given evidence in court and at tribunals. In 2020, Helen became a member of The Academy of Experts.
Helen has acted as an expert in a number of cases including:
- Employment, matrimonial and criminal matters
- Valuations for unfair prejudice, matrimonial and fiscal purposes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Professional negligence and personal injury matters
- Fraud and asset tracing in loss of profit claims arising from business interruptions or breach of warranty claims
- Employment tribunals
- Actions brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act
- Cases involving people charged with false accounting, fraudulent trading, money laundering and theft