Jon trained with the Exeter office of a medium sized firm and, in 1993 set up his own practice in Honiton, Devon. Having been a sole trader for over six years he and his clients joined Milsted Langdon in 1999, at which time Jon became a Principal Manager within the firm. He then became a Director in 2004 and a Partner in 2008.
Jon has built a reputation with his clients for a dedicated, hands-on approach to giving practical business advice. With his own experience of running a business he is aware of the demands placed upon the owner/manager. With a wide variety of clients his expertise encompass all general accounting needs including:
- Advising on accounting and management information systems
- Fund raising
- Tax planning and mitigation
- Preparation of statutory accounts and their interpretation
- Business planning for new and existing ventures
- Incorporation of businesses
- Advising on exit planning
Jon has lectured to local professional societies and banks on tax planning opportunities for businesses.